Job opportunity - EU Facility Officer - Oxfam International
Oxfam International (OI) EU Advocacy Office is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Facility Officer to support the overall efficient management of the OI EU Office by providing effective business assistance in the administration of the office, facility and wellbeing, logistics of events coordination, and IT and office equipment (refer to full publication at https://recruitment.oxfam.org/)
This post will be part of the OI EU Advocacy team, which is mostly based in Brussels, Belgium. The team focuses on the European Union institutions, primarily the European Commission, Council, and Parliament, advocating for sustainable, inclusive, and accountable programming and policies, and on the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The team also acts as a service hub for the Oxfam Confederation, supporting country offices and partners to engage with the EU in Brussels, the OECD in Paris, and in countries (EU Delegations), as well as coordinating efforts amongst European affiliates regarding European and aid policies.
The ideal candidate has high self-awareness and is a relationship builder and enabler. They are also able to tick off the following criteria:
• Experience supporting the work of a team of 30 members and/or a fast-paced office
environment with multiple competing priorities.
• Positive attitude and proactive, problem-solving approach.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Able to increasingly work independently.
• Excellent communication skills, with excellent English (C1 level based on the Common
European Framework of Reference for Language).
• Ability to think and work in a multi-disciplinary way and multi-cultural environment.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal
• Commitment to Oxfam’s values and feminist principles.
• Previous experience in a similar role in the (I)NGO sector would be valuable.
• Ability to multi-task efficiently while remaining attentive to details.
• Good knowledge of the French language (understanding, reading, writing, and speaking).
• Lived experience with intersecting systems of oppression, with knowledge and experience on how power and privilege play out in the contexts in which Oxfam works.