CAN Europe is looking for an Finance & admin officer
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a
Full-time (or 4/5) Finance & Admin Officer for an open-ended contract
CAN Europe, Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a Finance and Admin Officer to join our team in Brussels and replace a colleague who will go on pension in Spring 2023. An induction period of several months is therefore planned to ensure a smooth running of all procedures and processes in place. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the core of the largest European movement for global change working to halt climate change and that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
Required Educational/professional qualifications
· Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification preferably in management, accounting or economics;
· Relevant professional experience is an asset;
· Experience in book-keeping, knowledge of an accounting software;
· Excellent written and spoken English; Fluent in French or Dutch is an asset.
· Relevant professional or voluntary experience with NGOs or in an international network;
· Knowledge or experience with reporting to different public donors (European Commission, EU Members States,) is considered an asset;
· Knowledge and/or experience with Belgian employment legislation is considered an asset;
· Computer skills (Office package);
· Organisational, interpersonal and team-working skills, flexibility, and reliability;
· Problem solving and good communication skills;
· Team-work with people from a wide range of countries;
· Management of multiple tasks.
Main duties will include:
§Preparation of payments of the secretariat;
§Encoding of expenses and income in the accounting software of the secretariat;
§Support for the Financial reporting to donors;
§Support for the Belgian payroll management;
§Support the Head of Operations in the day-to-day operations.
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses 35 staff members out of a 55 people team, in Mundo-B, the sustainable NGO office space near the St. Boniface neighborhood of Brussels. The bright, sunny office provides an exciting work environment with a restaurant serving organic food, an outdoor terrace, two gardens and plentiful bike-parking spaces. Our teleworking policy currently requests from every staff member to work from the office at least one day/week.
This position is full time and based on an open-ended Belgian contract. Remuneration for the job will be between 2 930,0EUR and 3 900,0EUR gross/month, depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes. Extra benefits include lunch vouchers (7EUR/day), culture & eco vouchers (30EUR/month), phone compensation (39EUR), teleworking allowance & full reimbursement of local transport costs.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance & Admin Officer as subject line.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 14 September 2022 at midnight
First round of Interviews preferably between 19 & 23 September (online)
Second round of interviews between 26 & 29 September (in Brussels)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter.
Inquiries to Lionel Dehalu, Head of Operations, email@example.com +32 2 894 46 77
Vendredi 22 juillet 2022 - 11h00 / Mercredi 14 septembre 2022 - 17h00
Climate Action Network Europe / CANReinhilde Stinders
T. 02 894 46 78