Policy and Advocacy Assistant
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated Policy and Advocacy Trainee with a keen interest in financing and funding for sustainable development.
CONCORD is the European Confederation of NGOs working on sustainable development
and international cooperation. We are made up of member organisations: 26 national platforms, 25 international networks and 7 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of people across Europe.
We work together to ensure that European policies promote equal, just and inclusive societies in a sustainable world.
CONCORD is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit.
We are looking for a young professional who is passionate, motivated, creative, cooperative, and committed and would like to gain valuable work experience and contribute to the work of a confederation of NGOs whose vision is of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended; in which decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations; where every person has the right to live in dignity, sustainably, on an equal basis, free from poverty.
As a trainee, you will support CONCORDs Policy and Advocacy work. You will work within our Policy and Advocacy team under the supervision of our Senior Policy and Advocacy Adviser to support CONCORDs work in financing and funding for sustainable development
Main learning objectives
- You will be able to acquire a good understanding of decision-making processes in the EU institutions as well as the ways of working in an EU NGO confederation, bringing together networks and national platforms from across the European Union.
- You will be able to obtain knowledge about EU international cooperation in general, and EU funding and financing for sustainable development in particular
- You will be able to enhance your coordination skills, analysis skills and organisational skills.
- You will be able to learn more about policy analysis and advocacy processes, including drafting relevant documents, enhancing the engagement of members in order to develop and advocate for CONCORDs positions, monitoring EU institutional policy processes,and learning about the political process.
- You will be able to attend external events and getting to know the work of CONCORD allies and partners
- All while working in an international, multicultural environment.
How to apply
For more information and to apply for this position please follow this link:
Deadlines for applications are 24 May 2023 at midnight.
Mardi 16 mai 2023 / Mercredi 24 mai 2023
Confédération Européenne des ONG d'urgence & Developpement / ConcordMarion Coat
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60 / 84