We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Finance Officer to strengthen our Finance team. Your will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management, ensuring the delivery of sound financial information to senior managers and a smooth financial project management. You will also bring a positive, solution-oriented approach for the optimisation and further improvement of ECOS financial system and processes.
About ECOS: ECOS is an international NGO with a network of members and experts advocating for environmentally friendly technical standards, policies, and laws. We ensure the environmental voice is heard when they are developed and drive change by providing expertise to policymakers and industry players, leading to the implementation of strong environmental principles. ECOS is headquartered in Brussels and has an exceptional team of +30 staff supported by a network of over 50 technical experts and more than 50 member organisations.
Your main tasks will be to:
· In charge of the day-to-day accounting procedures for the purchase cycle (invoices/expenses claims)
· Actively participate in the payroll monthly closing and time allocation procedures.
· Assist in the preparation of financial reports to the senior management and the Executive Committee.
· Support in optimising and further improving financial systems and processes.
· Ensure sound project financial, administrative, and programmatic management.
· Collaborate with project managers in preparing project budget forecast, and review grant applications to ensure compliance with donors and ECOS requirements.
Skills and experience required:
· Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
· Knowledge of accounting principles and systems and in using accounting software
· Demonstrated experience in accounting and project financial management.
· Have a sense of accuracy.
· Strong analytical skills & ability to identify proactively (potential) financial bottlenecks and risks within projects
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
· Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
· Good writing and communication skills
· Fluent English, other languages an asset
What we offer:
· An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package. The pay range for this position is between €3.029 - €3.507 (monthly gross) according to ECOS pay scale. Actual salary will be determined depending on skills and relevant experience of the candidate.
· A benefits package (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, excellent insurances, public transport, eco-cheques etc.)
· A flexible, dynamic, and very pleasant international working environment.
· Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment
· A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to addressing our environmental challenges
· We welcome applications from all over the world and can submit work permit requests.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter in English by no later than 16 April 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Finance Officer: your name. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer, placing great value on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and expertise.